Get ready to fall in love with zoodles (zucchini noodles)! These spiralized veggies are a low-calorie substitution for pasta. Top with a poached egg for a well-rounded dish.
• 2 Tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
• 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
• 1/2 tsp Red Chili Flakes
• 4 Medium Zucchini, Spiralized into Noodles (about 4 cups)
• 1/4 tsp Each Salt & Pepper
• 2 Cups Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
• 2 Cups Packed Baby Spinach
• 1 tsp Lemon Zest
• 1 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
• 4 Large Eggs
• 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
• 1/4 Cup Basil Leaves, Thinly Sliced
1. HEAT oil in large, deep non-stick skillet on medium-high heat. COOK garlic and chilli flakes, stirring constantly, for 1 minute or until softened. ADD zucchini noodles, salt and pepper and cook, tossing gently, for 1 to 2 minutes or until zucchini has softened. STIR tomatoes, spinach, lemon zest and juice gently into zucchini mixture until well combined. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted and tomatoes are warmed through.
2. MEANWHILE, bring 2 to 3 inches of water to boil in large saucepan or deep skillet. ADJUST heat setting to keep liquid simmering gently. BREAK eggs, 1 at a time, into custard cup or saucer. SLIP each egg into water holding dish close to surface. COOK eggs to a soft poach – about 3 to 5 minutes or until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. (Do not stir.) LIFT eggs from water with slotted spoon; drain well.
3. DIVIDE zucchini mixture among 4 dinner plates and garnish with Parmesan and basil. TOP each with 1 poached egg. Serve immediately.
Heart-Check certification does not apply to other recipes or links unless expressly stated.