A personal favourite among all the eggetarians, scrambled eggs are easy to make. Fried and tossed with a host of spices, learn to cook it the Mumbai way!
• 4 eggs
• 2 onions, finely chopped
• 2 tomatoes, chopped
• 3 green chilies or as per taste
• 1 capsicum, chopped
• 2 inch ginger, finely chopped
• 1/2 cup coriander leaves
• 3 to 4 curry leaves
• 2 Tbsp vegetable oil or ghee
• 1 tsp jeera
• 1 tsp red chilli powder
• 1 tsp turmeric powder
• Pav bhaji masala (as per taste)
• Pinch of hing
• Salt as per taste
• 2 Tbsp butter (optional)
1. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs using a spoon and keep aside.
2. Take a pan, add oil or ghee and heat. Now add jeera, onions, hing, green chillies, curry leaves, capsicum and ginger. Saute for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes and few coriander leaves. Saute for 2 minutes.
4. Add 1 Tbsp butter, pav bhaji masala, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt as per taste. Mix well.
5. Lastly, pour in the slightly beaten eggs and keep whisking until cooked.
6. Top it up with butter. Garnish with the remaining coriander leaves.
7. Serve hot with buttered pav.