Easy but impressive, this rice dish has eggs both hard boiled as well as scrambled.
• 2 cups basmati rice - soaked for 10 minutes
• 6 large eggs
• 1 onion - sliced thin
• 10 green chillies - slit
• 1 bay leaf
• 4 cloves
• 1/2 tsp peppercorns
• 1 inch cinnamon
• 1 tsp each of ginger and garlic paste
• 1 tsp pulao masala
• 2 Tbsp of oil
• Salt - to taste
1. Boil and shell four of the six eggs.
2. Heat oil in a large dish and add the whole spices.
3. After a few seconds add the onion and green chillies along with the ginger garlic paste. Fry till they turn light brown in colour.
4. Now break the two eggs into the pan and scramble.
5. Add the drained rice to it and fry for a minute.
6. Season with salt.
7. Now put the boiled eggs into it and pour four cups of water.
8. Cover and cook till the rice is half done.
9. Sitr in the pulao masala and a little bit of lemon juice and mix gently.
10. Cover and cook till all the water evaporates and the rice is done.
11. Garnish with coriander and serve hot.