Hit a hole-in-one with this French toast recipe! Kids will love the unique presentation while mom will love the additional 6 grams of high-quality protein provided by one large egg.
• 1 Slice Bread of Choice
• 2 Each Eggs (1 Beaten and 1 for Center)
• 1 Tbsp Almond Milk
• 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
• 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
• Coconut Oil Spray
• 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1. Cut a hole or shape in the middle of the slice of bread.
2. Soak the slice of bread for about 2 minutes on each side in a medium bowl containing 1 beaten egg, almond milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
3. Crack the remaining egg into a small bowl.
4. Heat a pan over medium heat and coat with coconut oil spray. Heat one side of the bread until the egg is cooked, about 2 minutes.
5. Flip, then pour the egg from the small bowl into the center of the bread. You may want to take out some of the white so that it fits.
6. Cover the pan and cook until the egg reaches desired consistency (about 4 minutes).
7. Top with maple syrup.