1. PROTEIN If you start your weekday with cereal or toast instead of eggs, here’s a wake-up call: Did you know eggs have 6 grams of high-quality protein? And did you know a protein-packed breakfast helps sustain mental and physical energy throughout the day? That’s good news, especially if you’re a body-building chess champion.
2. GOT CHOLINE? Eggs are rich in choline, which is a weird word but it’s a “good weird” because choline promotes normal cell activity, liver function and the transportation of nutrients throughout the body. Think of it as a commuter train for vitamins and minerals.
3. ZERO CARBS NO SUGAR Eggs contain zero carbs and no sugar. That means you can eat a well-rounded breakfast during the week without feeling round yourself.
4. AMINO ACIDS Eggs have all 9 essential amino acids. Seems like a lot but remember – they ARE essential.
5. MORE FOOD FOR THOUGHT Unlike most cereals and yogurt, eggs don’t come with a complicated, jam-packed ingredient list because they only contain one ingredient. It’s called “eggs.”
6. NO GLUTEN? NO PROBLEM. Let’s not forget that eggs are naturally gluten-free. Always have been, always will be. And that’s awesome because there isn’t exactly a glut of gluten-free breakfast options.
INCREDIBLE, ISN’T IT? Most cereals and yogurts can’t say all this, mainly because they don’t have mouths, but also because they don’t have the nutrient content eggs do.